We all know how busy life can get, the other night I had 20 mins to make dinner. CHALLENGE EXCEPTED! I felt like I was on an episode of chopped looking through our pantry.
Then my childhood roots spoke to me and I decided to make cheez whiz toast and tuna. I absolutely loved when my mother would make it when we were kids!!!
I always serve a vegetable with dinner, I opened our freezer and found asparagus, yum! I had ingredients and my plan; I was ready to win chopped… I mean make dinner for my family.
Baked seasoned asparagus:
- Place your asparagus flat on a cookie sheet or in a 9×13 pan.
- Season with your favorite seasonings! I use pepper, seasoned salt, McCormick garlic and herb, and steak n’ shake seasoning mix.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of your asparagus.
- Shake parmasean cheese over the asparagus.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 mins or until your asparagus is done the way you prefer I personally like mine with a little crunch.
Cheez whiz toast and tuna:
- Drain two cans of tuna and put them in a bowl.
- Add miracle whip or mayonnaise. (The amount is your preference. I add enough to when I whip it into the tuna it is all creamy and smooth).
- Toast your bread.
- Once your bread is done spread cheez whiz on both slices.
- Using a spoon spread the tuna mixture onto the cheez whiz covered bread.
- Put the other piece on top and you have a delicious sandwich!!!